incompatibility between modes.mf(3.0) and DC fonts(1.3)

I just have found that the DC fonts (1.3) are generated with the wrong
resolution for all modes in modes.mf (3.0) that are definded by some
other mode, e.g.:

    mode_def nechi =                        %\[ NEC-P6 (360 dpi)
      mode_param (pixels_per_inch, 360);
      cx_;
    enddef;

or

    mode_def epsdrft =                      %\[ Epson at (120x72 dpi)
      mode_param (pixels_per_inch, 120);
      mode_param (aspect_ratio, 72 / pixels_per_inch);
      epson_;
    enddef;

Sample session (under UNIX):

BDPI should be 360 in:
  $ mf '\mode:=nechi; \input dxbase; mode_setup; message"BDPI= "&decimal round pixels_per_inch;end' | grep BDPI
  BDPI= 300

BDPI should be 120 in:
  $ mf '\mode:=epsdrft;\input dxbase;mode_setup;message"BDPI= "&decimal round pixels_per_inch;end' | grep BDPI
  BDPI= 240

The reason for this seems to me that dxbase redefines some parts
of modes.mf in an impropper way.

Thomas