[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 8r encoding still recommended for dvips, right?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 8r encoding still recommended for dvips, right?
- From: email@example.com (Alan Jeffrey)
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 95 09:27 BST
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <Pine.HPP.3.91.950621000208.9039Bemail@example.com> (message from Brad Palmquist on Wed, 21 Jun 1995 00:04:03 -0400 (EDT))
> pcrr8r Courier "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc
>Is this right?
This is right.
>A second question: How is dvips passed a request for "pcrr8r"
>instead of the old "pcrr0"? I don't know anything about the
>internals of .vf files. Is this where the right extension to
>"pcr" is added?
Indeed. The VF files contain little bits of dvi file for each of the
glyphs in the font, including the font names and magnifications.
Alan Jeffrey Tel: +44 1273 678526 firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences, Sussex Univ., Brighton BN1 9QH, UK