[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Undeclared glyphs
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Undeclared glyphs
- From: email@example.com (Alan Jeffrey)
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 95 09:28 BST
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <9506152159.AA20305@alonzo.cs.sfu.ca> (email@example.com)
>One thing I've found rather strange is that some of the glyphs present in
>an encoding aren't easily accessible with a \text<blah> command.
The 8r encoding isn't really intended to be used directly, but is
meant as the target encoding for VFs. That's why there aren't various
bells and whistles like .enc files sc shapes, etc. The plan is to
build virtual symbol fonts which will point to the 8r and 8x raw
fonts, and there will be commands like \textonehalf for accessing the
symbols in that font.