[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New round of debugging of the dc fonts
- To: dcfont-l <@mvs.gsi.de:email@example.com>, tex-euro <@mvs.gsi.de:firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: New round of debugging of the dc fonts
- From: KNAPPEN@VKPMZD.kph.Uni-Mainz.DE
- Date: Sun, 26 Feb 1995 17:55:19 +0100
Since Norbert Schwarz has officially stated (at the Dante meeting in
spring '94 at M"unster) that he has not the time to develop the dc fonts
further, I have offered to take the work over for the next round of
debugging. I want to start this round now, if there are any objections
please speak up.
This announce is sent to several lists, apologies to those, who receive
multiple copies of it.
I include a statement of intent.
Yours, J"org Knappen.
Statement of intent:
Creating dc fonts version 1.2
The dc-fonts version 1.2 shall contain the following:
* Fixes to the known and reported bugs
* New ligatures as proposed by Alan Jeffrey
* Improvement of quality, especially but not only, for the eastern european
* A first incarnation of the `text companion font encoding'. This first
incarnation will leave many slots open reserved for further
If time and other resources allow, the dc-fonts version 1.2 may contain
* Additional parameter files for new styles, thus completing the family
* Different shaped accents for capitals and lowercase letters
The dc-fonts 1.2 will *not* contain
* Any changes to the agreed Cork encoding, allthough there are know
shortcomings of it
* New math fonts. This is considered a separate project.
* A bold typewriter font
The dc-fonts version 1.2 should be completed and presented at the
EuroTeX'95 meeting in beginning of September.