[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Font naming rears its ugly head again
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Font naming rears its ugly head again
- From: email@example.com (Alan Jeffrey)
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 93 10:49 BST
- Flags: 000000000000
- In-Reply-To: <199308311954.AA17439@terminus.cs.umb.edu> (message from Karl Berry on Tue, 31 Aug 1993 15:54:41 -0400)
> Have to combine.
Yes, this is why I was proposing to use a base-32 number as the last 3
letters of the filename, to make it easier to combine parameters
together into one letter. Yuk yuk yuk...
>These are all combined in to the variant. I think the only thing in the
>above that's not covered now is all-caps. Oh, and ``text symbol'',
>since there is no such thing in existing fonts (is there?).
The Cork encoding really needs a text symbol companion font, to hold
things like currency symbols, oblique fractions, and all the other
bits and pieces missing from the Cork encoding. I'll repost a message
I sent to the math-font-discuss group about this a while ago. My
apologies to those of you who'll be getting this twice!