[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: .fd file names from fontinst
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: .fd file names from fontinst
- From: Sebastian Rahtz <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:45:25 GMT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <199902020641.WAA29846@pentode.uucp>
Paul Walker writes:
> I recently downloaded the psfonts archive from CTAN. I was
> surprised to find that the *.fd files have lower case names. The
> version of LaTeX I'm using generates upper case names. Why do the files
lower case has been the norm since the December 97 release, I think.
> comment in the fontinst package. Do most people use Tex on systems that
> are case-insensitive?
many people do. its called Windows, by a software company in the USA
> Or is there a newer version of LaTeX that
> generates a lower case name?
LaTeX looks for both upper and lower case, but lower case is the
partly the change came from people like me making CD-ROMs, where
case-sensitive file names are a right pain.