Re: Real numbers in AFM kerning information?

You wrote:
> Apparently, fontinst can't handle real numbers, such as -73.89.  If I
> edit the number to be an integer (-74), then fontinst works.
>
> Of course, I could write a script to round my kerning information to
> integers.  But if anyone else has a better solution, I would
> appreciate knowing about it.

Fontinst has problems with floating point values because TeX has problems
with these values.  Rounding your AFM file is probably your best bet.

Another solution is to not use fontinst.  (For example, I wrote my own
tools in Perl... that's probably overkill for most people though)

Best Regards,

    Melissa.