[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: rounding problems
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: rounding problems
- From: Thierry Bouche <Thierry.Bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr>
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 17:53:47 +0200 (MET DST)
- In-Reply-To: <21ED223BA921D21182F200104B751D88157B9D@bach.cs.depaul.edu>
» For anyone who's wondering why the code does this in the first place, it's
» because otherwise you get overflow errors by multiplying a dimen by a
» scalefactor > 1000 (TeX doesn't support fp multiplication, you have to
» multiply by an int then divide by another int).
That's one of TeX's features that make me sometimes wonder whether TeX was
really the language of choice for a software like fontinst...
Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.