[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: non-integer numbers support in afm files
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: non-integer numbers support in afm files
- From: Vladimir Volovich <email@example.com>
- Date: 01 Oct 1998 14:15:44 +0400
- In-Reply-To: <21ED223BA921D21182F200104B751D88157B99@bach.cs.depaul.edu>(Alan Jeffrey's message of Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:16:17 -0500)
- User-Agent: T-gnus/6.10.022 (based on Pterodactyl Gnus 0.33) SEMI/1.8.5(Nishi-Takaoka) FLIM/1.9.1 (Tonoshō) Emacs/20.3 MULE/4.0 (HANANOEN)
"AJ" == Alan Jeffrey writes:
>> Since this syntax is sometimes used (e.g. in paradissa fonts at
>> ctan), maybe adding such extension to the allowable format of
>> FontBBox into fontinst would be possible?
AJ> I'd rather not: parsing correct AFM files is hard enough without
AJ> having to parse broken ones too... better to preprocess the AFMs
AJ> so that they're legal.
Okay. If fontinst will accept only strict syntax of afm files, then it
seems very well. I thought that FontBBox format was not that strictly
specified; if it is, then all is Ok.
Best regards, -- Vladimir.