Re: Misplaced code

 > (\char0 was usually OK).

 I believe it is best when one can define the boundarychar by defining
 which character is to be used for it, independent of its special
 position in the encoding in question. Therefore no code position but a
 character name.

yes, i was implicitly T1, so \char0 is the grave accent--I always
thought that lonely accents should be good candidates for
boudarychars, but this is maybe short-minded (as some conventions put
accents on capital letters not over but beside the capital...) ?

BTW, the idea of using kerning with the space charachters from AFMs
that do declare them is a good one, be it implemented in a MTX or ETX
file!
Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.