Re: checksum inconsistencies for virtual postscript fonts on CTAN

At 04:11 PM 7/28/98 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>Berthold K.P. Horn writes:

> > Yes, but non of this PS trickery works with ATM or on screen without a
> > PS interpreter :-)

>eh? I process my document using pdfTeX, and view it with Acrobat
>(fast, furious, and free); that uses ATM, thanks very much, doesn't
>it? where does PS come into it? pdftex reads dvips map files, and vf
>files, to play the same games as dvips, but no PS-ing involved.

Hmm, You got me there sort of, I was thinking DVI -> PS -> PDF.
>From what you say, pdfTeX has the same skullduggery of DVIPS's
psfonts.map (e.g. making fake slanted, fake narrowed, fake extended)?

> > Thanks for pointing that out.  I can change the names.  I guess I was
> > thinking more along the lines of people extracting the text and
> > adding it to their psfonts.map...

>uncool. psfonts.map may be on a read-only medium.

But theses files are all in different directories.  Or do you reorganize them
before putting them on CD?

Regards, Berthold.