Re: checksum inconsistencies for virtual postscript fonts on CTAN

Berthold K.P. Horn writes:
 > >not sure what Rowland does (not sure I want to know), but everything I
 > >do works just the same way with pdftex and with tex/dvips.
 >
 > Yes, but non of this PS trickery works with ATM or on screen without a
 > PS interpreter :-)

eh? I process my document using pdfTeX, and view it with Acrobat
(fast, furious, and free); that uses ATM, thanks very much, doesn't
it? where does PS come into it? pdftex reads dvips map files, and vf
files, to play the same games as dvips, but no PS-ing involved.

 > Thanks for pointing that out.  I can change the names.  I guess I was
 > thinking more along the lines of people extracting the text and
 > adding it to their psfonts.map...

uncool. psfonts.map may be on a read-only medium.

sebastian