[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Long (font) filenames
- To: "K. Berry" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Long (font) filenames
- From: Rebecca and Rowland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:31:08 +0100
- In-Reply-To: <199806221300.JAA12946@hub.cs.umb.edu>
At 9:00 am -0400 22/6/98, K. Berry wrote:
> money). I'd be happy with dropping the 8+3 limit if a way of exceeding
> this limit was freely available to all MS-DOS users. If no such thing has
>Well, Lars' proposal (of making the long filename into subdirectories)
>would work on the old DOS machines.
Certainly; I'm not really qualified to have an opinion, but Lars's
suggestion strikes me as excellent.
I was thinking more of dropping the 8+3 limit `for real', rather than
working round it.