Re: Fontinst modifications

Concernant « Re: Fontinst modifications », Ulrik Vieth écrit : «
»
» - why was the 9o/9d desingation or oldstyle expertized fonts
»   dropped and is it appropriate to use 9t/9e in that case?

no!

» Personally, I do not particularly care about oldstyle digits,

personnally i do (but i don't use \latinfamily anyway...)

» especially if we can get them from TS1 (9c) if they exists.
» I'm just interested to find out how it all came about.
»

it's not the same purpose : being in TS1 only allows you to access
them through \fontenconding{TS1}\selectfont whereas heving a VF with
OsF allows you to make them the default everywhere.
Th. B.