[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily
- To: Sebastian Rahtz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily
- From: Rebecca and Rowland <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 03:31:24 +0100
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <9605-Fri29May1998103822email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><199805281043.MAA28155@attila.uni-duesseldorf.de><firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Rebecca and Rowland writes:
> > FNNWc8a.afm in the first place. AFM files in this form full of `normal'
> > glyph names, rather than stuff like `Asmall' etc., which is why a different
> > etx file is used for `real' and `faked' sc founts. Is that right?
>unless i am going mad, XXXXc8a files with small caps wont be used by
>fontinst. its a sort of bug.
Hmm... Thanks for this. But... From a log file:
INFO>to make LaTeX (family,weight,shape,width) pck,m,sc,: seek pckrc8r
Metrics written on pckrc8a.mtx.
Raw font written on pckrc8a.pl.
(:TeX-inputs:za finst:8r.etx) (pckrc8a.mtx)
Transformed metrics written on pckrc8r.mtx.
Raw font written on pckrc8r.pl.
(pckrc8r.mtx) (:TeX-inputs:za finst:8r.mtx) (:TeX-inputs:za finst:8r.etx)
Warning: \ligature for unknown slot `ffi'.
Warning: \ligature for unknown slot `ffl'.
Warning: \ligature for unknown slot `ff'.
) (:TeX-inputs:za finst:8r.etx)
Font written on pckrc8r.pl.
In this case, fontinst 1.6 seems to have used pckrc8a.afm to build a vpl
file with real small caps.
The instruction to fontinst was:
Any thoughts? Are you sure you're going mad?
Ta (yet again)