[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: kerning in slanted/unslanted founts
- To: fontinst list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: kerning in slanted/unslanted founts
- From: Vladimir Volovich <email@example.com>
- Date: 06 Nov 1998 21:27:05 +0300
- In-Reply-To: Alan Jeffrey's message of "Fri, 06 Nov 1998 12:15:08 -0600"
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.070036 (Pterodactyl Gnus v0.36) Emacs/20.3
"AJ" == Alan Jeffrey writes:
AJ> OK, point taken. But, as Lars also pointed out, there's not much
AJ> fontinst can do here, since it only `knows' about bounding boxes.
I noticed that charwd values in cmu10 are ~1.085 times wider than in
cmti10. So, maybe the kern differences are be partially due to this
"xscaling". But again, should fontinst change kern values when scaling
transformations (e.g. \xcalefont) are made?
Best regards, -- Vladimir.