Re: bug in fontinst 1.801: duplicated kernings (was: ae fonts Q)

"LE" == Lars Engebretsen writes:

 LE> When I think more about this, I guess that this is because there
 LE> already is kerning information for the ff-ligature in the
 LE> original tfm file. Therefore, it is not nescessary to use the
 LE> \set*kerning stuff for those ligature.

Well, may be it is not *necessary* to use \set*kerning. But why does
the setting of \set*kerning lead to duplicated ligatures in a virtual
font? This behavior of fontinst is buggy, isn't it?

Does this mean that the generic latin.mtx file is not suitable for all
fonts, and one should edit that file for each installable font and
remove some ligatures which are present in that-or-another font just
to avoid duplicated kerning in a virtual font??

	Best regards, -- Vladimir.