Re: Bug in fontinst?

Alan wrote --
>   One day the team will make T1 the
> default, eventually, perhaps.  At least the EC fonts are now out...

As Melissa and Thierry suggested, the major reason why this will still
appear politically unacceptable even when we have the new math fonts
is the absence of freely distributable T1-encoded CM-based text fonts.

If there is a good solution to this then please try to sell it to the
big players such as AMS, APS etc and to the vendors (don't try Y&Y:-).
Then we shall be ready to change the default when the math fonts are
distributed (by which time everyone will no doubt be demanding 16-bit
fonts:-).

Chris Rowley  ---  On behalf of the LaTeX3 Project Team