Re: questions & comments

» Not sure what you mean.  If the encoding has slots for F-ligatures
» they have to be filled as good as possible, even if it is rather
» pointless to have them for small-caps fonts.  Should we leave them
» empty instead?  I don't think that would be much better either.

it's nonsense to fake ligatures that are never directly accessed. What
makes sense is to make active the ligature pointing to ffi ,
e.g. _only_ when the ffi glyph does exist.

This design decision in fontinst (well, in latin.mtx and in the ETX
files) has always puzzled me.
Th. Bouche      <http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~bouche/>
         « no signature last night »