[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
kerning in slanted/unslanted founts
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: kerning in slanted/unslanted founts
- From: Vladimir Volovich <email@example.com>
- Date: 05 Nov 1998 22:39:06 +0300
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.070036 (Pterodactyl Gnus v0.36) Emacs/20.3
i wonder, should fontinst correct kerning values of fonts when it
transforms one font to another by slanting (with positive or negative
angle)? for example, let's imagine that one takes a font cmti10 and
transforms it to cmu10 using slanting with angle -0.250. Should one
get kerning in the generated cmu10 identical to the kerning in the
standard cmu10? it seems that kerning values should be modified
accordingly (based on the designsize and slanting angle).
Best regards, -- Vladimir.