[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problem with \installfont in fontinst 1.8
- To: Ulrik Vieth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Problem with \installfont in fontinst 1.8
- From: Rebecca and Rowland <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:10:59 +0100
- In-Reply-To: <199807150952.LAA25143@attila.uni-duesseldorf.de>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (message from Rebeccaand Rowland on Wed, 15 Jul 1998 02:47:47 +0100)
>> Hmm... Yes, but... The individual using fontinst does need to know which
>> pl files are needed and how to create them. A trivial point, perhaps, but
>> it shouldn't be neglected.
>That's why I put in the following paragraph, when I revised your manual.
> Note that \pl files are not normally kept in \TeX\ installations, so
> if you want to use MF fonts with \fontinst you have to generate the
> corresponding \pl files from \tfm files and put them in your working
> directory before running \fontinst.
>Did you miss that?
It seems I did - thanks very much for adding this point; I've just tracked
it down - the reason I missed it is that I didn't bother re-reading the
installation section because installing fontinst is trivial even for me and
it's the rest of the manual that needs serious work.
It's a good job someone knows what they're doing :-)
btw, do you think it might be a good idea to change the formatting of the
fontinst user guide so it uses normal indented paragraphs rather than
leaving a vertical space between them?