Re: Problem with \installfont in fontinst 1.8

> Hmm...  Yes, but...  The individual using fontinst does need to know which
> pl files are needed and how to create them.  A trivial point, perhaps, but
> it shouldn't be neglected.

That's why I put in the following paragraph, when I revised your manual.

  Note that \pl files are not normally kept in \TeX\ installations, so
  if you want to use MF fonts with \fontinst you have to generate the
  corresponding \pl files from \tfm files and put them in your working
  directory before running \fontinst.

Did you miss that?

Cheers, Ulrik.