Re: `limitations' of OzTeX (was: fontinst with 8y.etx)

melissa comments about the "cwm"

 	  * In fact, I've never seen a `compwordmark'/`cwm' glyph in any
 	    font, so I have no idea what it might look like, or whether it
 	    really needs to be in 8y.

the compound word mark is invisible; what it is intended for is a way
to indicate a preferred hyphenation location to tex especially in
agglutinative languages, and is an artifact of tex's hyphenation
mechanism.  it's similar in concept to, but a stronger form of, the
"soft hyphen'.
						-- barbara beeton