Re: fontinst with 8y.etx

At 11:28 PM 98/06/11 +0200, Thierry Bouche wrote:

>> At 4:11 pm +0200 11/6/98, Thierry Bouche wrote:
>> True, the names aren't `fontname' compliant (horrid phrase), but is this
>> such a bad thing?

>no, indeed i was asking that because of possible clashes between TFMs
>with the same names & different checksuls, if the names are different,
>there is no problem (unless y&y apps use the checksum to verify if the
>encoding is correct, or other  very strange ideas alike).

I see your French-English dictionary has a mistaken entry for
`very good', giving instead `very strange' :-)  Hiding the encoding
information in the otherwise useless checksum seems like a good idea.
And the algorithm is not proprietary :-) I posted it here a while back.

Regards, Berthold.

Berthold K.P. Horn
Cambridge, MA		mailto:bkph@ai.mit.edu