Re: Binary Relations, draft 1

At 16:46 +0000 1998/11/19, Chris Rowley wrote:
>I was contrasting "Aberg's extrapolation" with Y&Y's, which was:
>
> I think the reason (if any) to make the distinction of setting these upright
> is that they are mulitletter combinations rather than that they are
>functions.
> This helps distinquish `sin' from the product of s, i, and n.

Which does not work out in contemporary mathematics, because there are
typeset both upright and slanted/italics multiletter and single letter math
names.

>He also pointed out, very wisely, that this discussion has rambled far
>too far from anything relevant to taco's work or even to the Unicode
>submission.

So here is a chance for you to lead the way... :-)

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:haberg@member.ams.org>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>