Re: Inverted (=reflected) N

b wrote ---

> regarding the "reflected" vs. "rotated" vs. "inverted", the symbols
> known to tex as \forall and \exists used to be known here (for an
> earlier system) as "inva" and "reve", for "inverted" and "reversed"
> (i.e. reflected).  (hmmm ... they're also sans serif, if not quite
> as spindly ...)

Yes, I suspect that the spindly style does come from these two which
(I guess) have been around for longer...but as you say, the
spindle-factor did seem to get increased.

> i think this would probably be a good occasion to impose some uniformity
> on this notation.  proposal:
>  - Xinv -- inverted top-to-bottom
>  - Xrefl -- mirrored left-to-right
>  - Xrot -- rotated 180\deg so that the top is now the bottom, etc.

I would be happy with those names: of course, for letters with some
symmetry (eg N, A, E) two of these names will both be applicable to
the same glyph.  Thus one also needs some precedence rule to get a
canonical name.  {See, I can still apply some of that group theory:-)

chris