Re: \bigplus ?

>> ulrik suggests that
>> I could upload layout-cm.ps, layout-euler.ps, etc. to www.tug.org.

> i downloaded two of them but the refuse to print here. of course that
> might be my stupid error but the printer i used normally works well
> with TeX ps files. has anybody else printed them successfully?

Could it be a capacity problem or a problem with the print spooler?
I just noticed that layout-cm.ps starts with:

%!PS (but not EPSF because of memory limits)
%%Creator: dvipsk 5.58f Copyright 1986, 1994 Radical Eye Software
%%Title: doc/layout-cm.dvi
%%Pages: 15
%%PageOrder: Ascend
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 596 842
%%DocumentPaperSizes: A4
%%EndComments
%DVIPSCommandLine: dvips -D600 doc/layout-cm.dvi
%DVIPSParameters: dpi=600, comments removed
%DVIPSSource:  TeX output 1998.01.27:0918

IIRC, I once managed to coerce dvips to produce a normal file,
by increasing the memory size in config.ps, but I don't know
if that referes to printer memory or computer memory available
to generate the output file.

Sorry, that's all I can say at the moment.

Cheers, Ulrik.

P.S.  Did you check that the downloaded file was complete,
i.e. does the last line say %%EOF?