\bigplus ?

Today I have received a request (in German, thus I don't reproduce it
here) for a \bigplus (actually it was an announcement for a small LaTeX
package implementing it and \bigtimes).

The requester expressed a need for \bigplus to achieve a compact
notation for longer non-direct sums where \bigplus_i a_i would be
preferable over \sum_i a_i, to have a closer analogy to
\bigotimes_i a_i.

Since we already have added \bigtimes to MX1, it seems logical
to `complete the square' of \times/\bigtimes \plus/\bigplus.

The requester didn't give a reference for the use of \bigplus,
but he mentioned an author who would have used it if the symbol
would have been available.

What do you think ?

--
Matthias Clasen,