Re: misc patches

> P.S.  I had a little trouble running "make vffonts" with the 0.56
> distribution.  The "pl" subdirectory seems to be missing a Makefile,
> so I had to run tftopl by hand.
>
> Also the various fontinst driver files often called for
> cmsy\size-base.mtx or cmsy\size-extra.mtx, which didn't work.
> Something out of sync with Matthias latest fontinst hacks?

Two problems with the same reason: The pl Makefile is indeed missing
in 0.56 (I knew that doing the splitting in several tar files manually
wouldn't work) and it is responsible for creating the pl files as well
as the mtx-files you mention. I introduced them to separate the
fontdimension information from the encoding information. You might
have noticed that the etx files no longer provide the fontdimensions,
they are now explicitly included in the file-list argument of
\installsizes/\installscalable. That is what the -base.mtx and
-extra.mtx files are for.

Unfortunately, I don't have the Makefile at hand, it is at home.

Matthias
--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606