Re: radical thoughts

At 05:34 PM 98/01/20 +0100, you wrote:

>> I know it used by physicists for elementary particles, but I haven't
>> seen it in math. Also, the bold upright lower case Greek is used for
>> vectors (I suppose in anology with math italic becoming upright bold
>> when we turn a symbol into one denoting a vector).  But regular weight
>> upright lower case Greek?

>I thought we were doing something that was supposed to be usable for
>physicists as well as for mathematicians.  Besides there are certain
>differences in the typographic traditions in various coutries.

Physisicts use the upright Greek letters when naming particles, not in math.

Regards, Berthold.
Y&Y, Inc., Tuttle's Livery, 45 Walden Street, Concord, MA 01742 USA
(800) 742-4059 (North America), (978) 371-3286 Fax: (978) 371-2004
Sales:  mailto:sales@YandY.com  Support:  mailto:support@YandY.com
World Wide Web:  http://www.YandY.com