Re: MathTime version of new encodings

Concernant « Re: MathTime version of new encodings », Ulrik Vieth écrit :
« Well, ZapfChancery might be a bad choice, but that's what mathptm
« uses

mathptm is full of bad choices... I thought that as you're with
commercial fonts anyway, you could do something better. The commercial
script from bitstream is almost free, you can also get a free
CommScript with the TypeDesigner 3 demo.

«
« > « 	- inverted Omega, reflected epsilon, reflected ampersand,
« > «  	  reflected prime, digamma (all unfakable)
«
« > you mean without PS programming? the inverted/reflected stuff is
« > easily done in PS!
«
« Are you suggesting to put PostScript hackery into the virtual fonts?
« Do you have a suitable code example how to do it?
«

done now no, but it could easily be done, it could even easily be done
like the AddDotlessj thing by B. Desruisseaux by simply hacking
directly & automatically the PFA file at load time.
In level 2 i think it'd be as simple as
	gsave 1 -1 scale Omega glyphshow grestore
or you can have it with graphicx macros

« > « 	 - upright partial  (fill the slot with italic partial?)
«
« > could unslant it in PS
«
« Sure, but that makes things more complicated.  If the new encodings
« are really widely accepted in the long term, I'd rahter expect to see
« a revised version of MathTime eventually, which might then provide a
« suitable glyph.  I suppose many of the missing glyphs in MC and MSP
« should be relately easy to make if you have the approriate tools.
«

you're probably right on this one.

« > « 	- leq/geqslant, precedes/followsorcurly (I've seen journals
« > « 	  using the AMS leq/geqslant combined with MathTime)
«
« > at least in France, we do use these, yes, i'd take them from MathPi.
«
« If you have MathPi that's fine.  If not, you'll have to find other
« solutions.  I suppose that leq/geqslant and lesssim/gtrsim might
« turn out to be the most important AMS glyps to be included in MSP,
« since they are the most frequently needed ones.
«

yes.
   Thierry Bouche.       -----       thierry.bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr
          http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~bouche/