mfnt_054 font problems?

I just noticed the following when trying out the new release.
Anyone got an idea what this is supposed to mean?

$ dvips -D600 doc/testeuler.dvi
This is dvipsk 5.58f Copyright 1986, 1994 Radical Eye Software
' TeX output 1997.10.24:0559' -> testeuler.ps
dvips: Font ymc1000 at 600 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
dvips: 1 characters have 0 escapements but non-trivial TFM widths.
dvips: I'm stumbling along as best I can, but I recommend regenerating
dvips: these fonts; the problem is probably that they are non-CM fonts
dvips: (such as circle10 or line10) created with a MF with the CM base
dvips: preloaded .
dvips: Font ymc0700 at 600 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
dvips: Font ymc0500 at 600 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
[...]

After reviewing the TFM files, I get the impression that it can't be
the `maspfrom' character since the dimensions are the same as `mapsto'
in cmsy (zero width, but non-zero height and depth).  So could it be
the digit-width space (non-zero width, but zero height and depth)?
Maybe the digit-space should get the appropriate height (fig_height)?

Cheers, Ulrik.