Integral kerning

One of the ideas in Justin Zieglers work was to kern the integrals with
themselves to make it possible to write \int\int instead of \iint. Last
weekend I have discovered that this is impossible (at least for the
textstyle bigops), since Knuth says on p318 of the mfbook:

Notice that a <label> can appear in a ligtable, charlist or extensible
command. These appearances are mutually exclusive: No code may be used
more than once as a label. Thus, for example, a characer with a
ligature/kerning program cannot also be extensible, nor can it be in a
charlist (except as the final item).

After this discovery, I have removed the experimental kerning from the
MX1-fonts (now even understanding the errors which vptovf gave me).

Regards, Matthias

--
Matthias Clasen
Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg