Re: (Partial) implementation of new math encodings

Matthias,

 > I was really thinking of a comparison of the graphical output: perhaps
 > more along the lines of using pstopnm on a ps file and then comparing
 > the resulting pbm files with pnmarith -difference. I don't know if that
 > will produce any useful information (as I haven't tried it yet).

it depends on what you want to test. i think what needs testing is

 a) do we finally get the same glyphs in the same places
 b) do we get the same kerning/ligs
 c) do we get generally the same space

all that would be checked by either method i guess as long as there
are no changes. if there are change then i think a dvitype output
would help to pin them down (don't know the other tool but i guess
there it would be more difficult to anderstand the difference)

frank