mixing uc upright, and lc italic.

<<<<<
Thanks for the info!  There are at least two ways this could be
handled in TeX:

a) Change the mathcode for A--Z to be from family 0 by default rather
   than family 2.

b) Create a MC-encoded virtual font with roman Latin uc and italic
   Latin lc.

I think all of those mixings in fonts can only create problems. Whether it
is for greek or latin. I think that the user should get the same uc as lc,
and if he wants up upright, he just has to so something about it himself.

And this what ever the tradition of typesetting.

JZ

PS: My address is changing from today. New address:

ziegler@educ.emse.fr

Alan : it would be great if you could change that on the discussion list.

JZ