TUG 2005 presentations
A preliminary list of speakers and talks follows. More will be added
as they are received. Please write
us if you would like to give a talk!
For time and room information, please see the schedule of events.
- Wai Wong (The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China), keynote,
"Typesetting Chinese: a personal perspective".
- Nandan Bagchee and Eitan Gurari (Ohio State University, USA),
Spatial Math Exercises and Worksheets
- Nelson Beebe (University of Utah, USA),
"TeX, Metafont, and software development"
- Hong Feng (CTUG, China), Wavelet Transformation and Chinese fonts Design
- Hans Hagen (NTG, The Netherlands), XML, a Natural Companion to TeX
- Jonathan Kew (SIL International),
XeTeX, the multilingual lion: TeX meets
Unicode and smart fonts
- Karel Piska (Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Czech),
Converting Metafont sources to outline
fonts using MetaPost
- Chris Rowley (Open University, UK), LaTeX Maintenance and Development
- Karel Skoupý (ETH Zentrum, Zurich, Switzerland),
Free-shape text formatting
- Philip Taylor (Royal Holloway, University of London, UK), Typesetting the
Byzantine Capelli; Grid typesetting in LaTeX.
- Suki Venkat (TnQ Books and Journals, India),
Moving from bytes to words to semantics
- Jin-Hwan Cho (The University of Suwon, Republic of Korea),
Practical use of special commands in DVIPDFMx
- Ross Moore (Maths Dept, Macquarie University, Australia),
"PlanetMath.org and the Free Encyclopaedia of Mathematics"
- Steve Grathwohl. (Duke University Press Journals),"On ConTeXt"
- Klaus Höppner, "Strategies for Including Graphics in LaTeX Docuemnts"
- Jerzy Ludwichowski, (Nicolaus Copernicus Univerisity, Torun, Poland; GUST, Poland), "World Wide TeX User Groups Review"
- Volker R. W. Schaa, "XML Workflow and EuroTeX 2005 Proceedings"