Trouble with fonts

dswanson dswanson at myway.com
Tue Sep 9 10:40:03 CEST 2003

I am running Y&Y release 2.2 on Windows XP.

Everything worked fine after installation until I restarted
the machine.  Now DVIWindo cannot locate some fonts.  When
I load a .dvi file I get an error of the form

       Can't find Font:
       cmbx12 (0)
       No Face Name
       (Windows offers: `Arial')
       at byte 154

The font still exists in the fonts folder, however.

If I reinstall the fonts from the CD, DVIWindo works
properly again, but only until the machine is rebooted.
Then the problem starts again.

The FAQ suggested running the SETUPTTF utility.  This
doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Can anyone suggest a way to get DVIWindo to permanently
remember how to find the fonts?

TIA

Dave Swanson