[Xy-pic] xy-pic : bug

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Wed Apr 27 01:12:06 CEST 2011

Hello Matsaya,

On 25/04/2011, at 9:36 AM, Matsaya Vishnu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry to bother you with that, but I did not find another way to report this bug.

You can subscribe through the webpage at:

> Indeed, there is a bug with colored and bended arrows, see the ECM.

No. Your example does not exhibit a bug.
Did you look at the Log messages that it produces ?

Xy-pic Warning: illegal [<shape>] ignored: shape [red] not defined [colouredarr
ows:11].

The Xy-pic loading option 'all' does *not* include the
support for colour. This is because you also need to specify
which driver is being used to process the LaTeX job.

You should be able to test the following alternative drivers:

  \usepackage[pdf,color,all]{xy}

 using pdfLaTeX as the processor,  or

  \usepackage[ps,dvips,color,all]{xy}

using TeX + dvi + Ghostscript  as the processing stream.

Now you should get the result shown in the 1st attached image,
in which only the straight part of your curved arrow is shown
in red color, as well as an arrowhead that does not face the
way you may want it to.