[Xy-pic] Xy-pic and computer networking diagrams

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue May 18 02:04:16 CEST 2010

Hello Bilal,

On 17/05/2010, at 9:09 PM, Muddassir, Bilal (NSN - PK/Islamabad) wrote:

> Hi Ross
>
> I am wondering if you came across any LaTeX helper application that
> can be used for making figures in which there are diagrams of
> networks of routers and switches.

I don't know of anything specifically designed for this
type of diagram. That doesn't mean that it does not exist.

Just how special are these?
that is, can you send (links to) examples of the kind
of diagram layout that you need?

Quite possibly the requirements will be similar to what
is needed for other things ...

> Can Xy-pic do this through any extension mechanism?

   ... and it may not take much work with Xy-pic to do something
that meets your needs. Xy-pic is very versatile, so could well
be an appropriate tool to use for this.

> Regards
>
> Bilal

Hope this helps,