[Xy-pic] problem after 3.7 -> 3.8.1 upgrade

Alexander Perlis alexanderperlis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 05:17:30 CEST 2010

Hi Gabriele,

It seems Kris's server is back online now, and the file is now the right one: http://krisrose.net/xypic.map

After you copy that file into place, if you are using tetex or texlive on a Linux or Unix system, you should run "updmap", which tells the system to combine the various *.map files into the master file that is actually used by dvips. Otherwise your changes to xypic.map won't get noticed. You probably already know this. I mention it merely in case it saves you some trouble: until last week I hadn't manually modified a *.map file in many many years and had forgotten about "updmap", consequently wasting a few hours trying to figure out why my system was ignoring my file changes! :)

Alexander Perlis