[Xy-pic] xy pic bug

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 7 01:04:25 CEST 2010

Hello Aleks,

On 07/06/2010, at 6:15 AM, Aleks Kleyn wrote:

> Hello Dr Ross R Moore
> I sent you email because I found link on xy-pic web site and I do
> not know who is better to contact.

I replied to you, including the address of the Xy-pic mailing list.
It is also a recipient of this email.

> If I should sent this email to somebody else let me know. I posted
> this email on MikTeX forum. However nobody responded me.

The Xy-pic mailing list is best.
There may be people there using a similar setup to you.

> I meet the bug which reports me when pdflatex finishes compilation
>
> <C:\Users\sasha\AppData\Local\MiKTeX\2.8\fonts\pk\ljfour\lh\lh-t2b
> \dpi600\lb
> bx0700.pk>
> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file xyd.enc): cannot open encoding file
> for reading
>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

It's strange that MikTeX is trying to use bitmap fonts.
These days it should be using the Xy-pic Type1 fonts instead.
Maybe you do not have these installed?

Would you please post the complete Log-window output,
not just the single line above.
(This is what I asked last time too.)

Also, please give your complete LaTeX preamble;
that is, your document source, from
   \documentclass....
down to
   \begin{document}

Only then can anyone put this error into the correct context,
and do some testing to try to pin-point what may be going wrong.

Even this may not be sufficient.
It may be necessary for you to provide a complete *minimal*
example of a document that fails with this error.

> I tried to get latest version from xy web site in hope that bug is
> fixed. But there structure is different than in MikTeX folder.
>
> Thank you.
> Aleks Kleyn
> http://sites.google.com/site/AleksKleyn/
> http://arxiv.org/a/kleyn_a_1