[Xy-pic] "xyling" and Xy-pic?

Kristoffer H Rose krisrose at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 28 06:50:40 CEST 2010

Dear Ralf,

We are planning the next release of Xy-pic.  In particular, we are working
on PDF support, including support for (some) color with pdfTeX.

So I was wondering: should we discuss to make xyling an "official" feature
of Xy-pic, and would you be interested in working with me on this?

It does necessitate some packaging changes: (1) the package needs to be
under GPL and stored in the project on SourceForge, (2) the package should
work with all variants of TeX (such as plain TeX, AMS-TeX, etc.; it may
use miniltx.tex), and (3) the package should be stored as a special
"xyling.doc" file, which contains (and generates) a the feature option
file xyling.tex as well as an attributed summary section for the Xy-pic
Reference Manual (in a particular format).  Your current manual does not
have to change (and indeed a wrapper xyling.sty file can still be included
for LaTeX use).

What do you think?

Cheers,
        Kris

__
Kristoffer H Rose, ph.d. <krisrose at us.ibm.com> +1(914)784-7642 (fax -6324)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center, PO Box 704, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598