[Xy-pic] Double-quotes with Babel in XYPic

Richard Lewis xypic at rtf.org.uk
Mon May 21 22:54:23 CEST 2007

Kristoffer H Rose <krisrose at us.ibm.com> writes:

> There are no plans of releasing any further versions of Xy-pic but if
> there is interest we can, of course, move the entire project sources
> to SourceForge which will make it easier to grow the package further.
> (The lack of a good PDF backend is still itching, for example. :-)

I think it would be a shame to discontinue xypic development, it seems
to be used by a lot of people.  There was some unreleased code
(xymods.tgz) somewhere which fixed a few bugs and it would be good to at
least release that as a final version.  A sourceforge (or similar)
project might encourage more people to submit features and fix bugs etc.

(This reminds me that I have locally extended xygraph to allow graph
escapes with more than one letter (called as
!<escape>{arg1}{arg2}... since !{escape} would already mean something
else), and should send that to someone sometime)