[Xy-pic] Xy-pic with cyrtex

Dmitry Pavlov dmitry.pavlov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 18:19:22 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am very impressed with Xy-pic package for TeX system.
I used it, and it works in plain TeX.

Unfortunately, it does not work with cyrtex (the 'Cyrillic' TeX format).
I tried to compile the file listed below in teTeX under Debian Linux and
MikTeX under Windows, and got the same error (output below).
I have not found any recommendations on this issue in Web or Usenet archives.

Can you give some advice how to fix it?

Big thanks,

Dmitry

--- a.tex
\input xy
Hello
\bye

--- cyrtex output:

This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (MiKTeX 2.4)
(a.tex
Babel <v3.8a> and hyphenation patterns for english, french, german, ngerman, ru
ssian, dumylang, nohyphenation, loaded.
(C:\texmf\tex\generic\xypic\xy.tex Bootstrap'ing: catcodes, docmode,
! Undefined control sequence.
<inserted text> ...nifdefined \docm@ \gdef \docm@
                                                 {\docm at i }\xywarnifdefined...

\lowerc at se ...rcase \expandafter {\the \@uclctoks