[Xy-pic] color output with xy?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri Jan 6 00:44:00 CET 2006

Hello Roger,

On 06/01/2006, at 2:36 AM, Roger Hart wrote:

> I have what I'm afraid is another novice question about xy, and
> xymatrix in particular. For a presentation I am working on, I would
> like to set xy so that it produces everything in white, against my
> black presentation background. I'm using Mac OS X, TeXShop, ps4pdf,
> and xy. I'm using \usepackage[dvips,ps,all,color]{xy}. I've tried
> various things but without any success. Is there a way to use add
> one command to globally change the color to white in all my xy
> pics? I don't want to change each object, one at a time. Thanks for
> your patience,

What happens when you wrap  \color{white}  around your diagrams ?
e.g.

   {\color{white}%
    \begin{xy} %  or  \xymatrix{....} etc.
    \end{xy}%
   }%  revert the color to normal

If this gives you the correct effect, then you can try using
Xy-pic's \everyxy command; viz.

   \everyxy={\color{white}\POS}

Another possibility is to use  \everyentry{[white]} .
This should act on all the cells of any  \xymatrix  command,
but *not* on arrows between cells.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au