[Xy-pic] Re: xymatrix frames

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Aug 5 09:41:33 CEST 2003

Hello Steve,

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Steve Flammia wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Steve Flammia and I'm a graduate student in physics.  I have
> recently begun trying to define \xymatrix entries where the frame extends
> around multiple entries.  (This is extremely useful for making Quantum
> Circuit Diagrams for Quantum Computing.)  I've searched much of the
> literature, and asked some experienced Tex-nicians, but we can't solve the
> problem.  Is such a multi-entry frame possible in xy-pic?  Do you know if
> it is possible in the array environment?  Any help you can offer would be
> greatly appreciated.

Study the following message, posted recently on the Xy-pic mailing list.
The techniques used there should show you how to 'merge' multiple
entries in an \xymatrix, for the purposes of framing and placing
labels based upon extended sizes.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

ps.  consider joining the Xy-pic list.