[Xy-pic] bug?

James Borger borger@math.uchicago.edu
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:17:09 -0600 (CST)

Dear xy-pic-ers,

I've found what appears to be a bug in the way xy-pic handles
intersections of lines.  That said, I have pretty limited experience with
xy-pic, so the bug could easily be in me.

I want to typeset a three-dimensional commutative diagram and have some
lines appear to pass under others.  The problem is that sometimes xy-pic
draws only one of the two pieces of the lower line, which should be
broken.  I had this problem once before and was able to work around it by
changing things that I though should have no effect on the output.
Unfortunately, I didn't save that example.

The misbehaving (LaTeX) code is below (in simplified form).  The arrow
from J to K is the offending one.

Best,

Jim Borger

\documentclass{amsart}
\usepackage{amscd, amssymb}
\usepackage[all]{xy}

\begin{document}

\[
\begin{xy} <0pt,0pt>;<16mm,0mm>:<0mm,-7mm>::
  (2,0) *+{A}="a",
  (5,0) *+{B}="b",
  (2,3) *+{C}="c",
  (5,3) *+{D}="d",