[Xy-pic] binary trees

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:05:10 +1000 (EST)

Hi Andreas,

you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope someone on this list can help me with drawing a bunch of binary trees.
> In fact, the ordinary tree is not a problem, but I'd like to use these
> "roof-like" triangle structures that represent entire subtrees. (Use case:
> B-Trees, AVL-Trees, etc.) I just don't know how to draw them.

\xygraph is the perfect tool for this.
Here is an example, based on what you ask for below:

  http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/XyPIC/BAUER/gtest.pdf

The code is in:

  http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/XyPIC/BAUER/gtest.tex

The Xy-pic Reference Manual explains the parsing of the
argument of \xygraph. It provides a simple "escape" mechanism
to use arbitrary Xy-pic kernel code, when this is an appropriate
way to add features into the diagram.

Hope this helps.

        Ross Moore