[XeTeX] [tex-live] xetex.def

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue May 9 15:30:59 CEST 2017

On 09/05/2017 14:27, Joseph Wright wrote:
> So the question is what are the _essentials_ of the difference: really
> it's about 'how much difference do we need to look after in the .def files'.

I should add that the question arose as dvipdfmx.def and xetex.def
currently use different approaches to colour. The reasons are I think
historical: xdv2pdf didn't support the dvipdfmx approach, but xdvipdfmx
does. For maintenance *today* it would be clearer if we had a simple way
of knowing which parts have to be different between the dvipdfmx and
xetex drivers.

Joseph