[XeTeX] TeX--XeT and OpenType fonts

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 13:08:34 CET 2017

On 01/03/2017 12:06, Philip Taylor wrote:
> What happens if you replace the \endR with a blank line to cause the paragraph to end, Joseph [1] ?
> Philip Taylor

Box ends on starting on the right but text itself is still LTR.

I suspect this is not normally noticed as my guess is HarfBuzz 'does its
own thing' with placing the glyphs based on their codepoint (and thus
'natural' LTR/RTL properties), and thus entirely ignores TeX--XeT.
However, it would be useful to know that is correct.

Joseph